Monday, November 5, 2007

interesting... well.. not really.


i've been scribbling on bits of paper lately. happier than i've been in a while... keeping busy. getting back into my usual routine of physio and doctors appointments. finally got a proper set of xrays on friday. while waiting for my films to be processed some old man asked if he could get undressed in my changeroom. creep.


joint space looked ok but i usually only read chest xrays so who knows. being the dumbass i am i forgot to check my actual AC joint where my clavicle is crammed into my shoulder. oops. i'm sure i'll hear about it later.


getting the old neck assessed tomorrow... starting up top and working our way down. my neck muscles are so tight my clavicle and shoulder blade sit a few inches higher on the left side than the right. compensation for my extremely weak rotator cuff. so i'm gimpy and deformed. sweeeeet.


it was kind of funny... on my initial assessment, my physiotherapist asked me how i injured myself... blah blah blah... then asked me if i still longboard. i kind of giggled and told her i was back on the board the day after i did it, arm in a sling, stoned out of my tree on hydromorph with my sister screeching at me down the street. physio just shook her head and laughed. although i got a stern look when i told her i was going to snowboard this year.


in other news... i'd like to give a shout out to the delicious breakfast i had this morning at my favourite little cafe here in kits. 1/2 order of their flo-greek benedict. spinach piled high, feta cheese and the best hollandaise sauce i've ever had... and i don't even like hollandaise. big cup of peppermint tea (they actually have amazing coffee there too). tasty tasty tasty.
i'll write something meaningful tomorrow.

No comments: