Thursday, September 6, 2007

building walls again...

metaphorically speaking...
filling, sanding, priming and painting tangible walls in reality.
late night manual labour leaves the mind free to wander and the heart to hurt.
still missing a few people... ya know?

i start orientation on monday for my new job which i'm pretty excited about. well, not corporate orientation (4 hour snoozeorama) but to see my new unit and start expanding my knowledge base to include trauma and complex burns and neuro and spines and addictions/withdrawl and whatever else they're going to throw at me. can't wait to get my hands dirty and get back to nursing. i've been off for two weeks and i feel like i've forgotten everything already. it's just like riding a bike i suppose you never REALLY forget. might fall off and scrape my knees once in a while but at least they make for good learning experiences i can laugh at (hopefully) later.

in other news, my shoulder is making that sweet grinding sound with overhead extension adduction and abduction and pops with internal rotation... amazing. should probably get that fixed. actually it's been doing this for a while and it's kinda making me nervous. i have this sick feeling in my gut that fixing it is going to require the big S word. (SHHHHH... don't say it.) i've got my fingers crossed it'll be the lesser of the two s word (scope!) evils... but honestly...right now i'd settle for a proper set of xrays. fack.

No comments: