Thursday, June 19, 2008

0 for 5 Hermiiiidaaaa....

Ben and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle yesterday. It was super sweet and OBVIOUSLY I took more pictures than necessary. And OBVIOUSLY I'm going to show them to you.. with commentary. More of them can be seen on my stalkbook but you have to be my friend to do that. Or if anybody requests to see them.. maybe I'll post more.
SO... here it goes.

This is kind of irrelevant but... is anybody else sick of gas prices/hearing about gas prices????? Stop shit talking and start coming up with something else more sustainable.... christ. Anyway... $20 got us 4.6 gallons. Sweet.



Ocelots are sweet. Ben says if my kitty looked like that she would be way sweeter. I agree. I bet ocelots don't play fetch though. Take that ocelots.



Piranhas are sweet. I just wouldn't want to swim with them.



Emerald tree boa beautiful snake... beautiful markings.




Toucans... also sweet. This guy was pretty much posing for me.



FLAMINGOS!



Giraffes! The big one was trying to hump the little one but unfortunately I'm not quick enough to catch some sweet sweet giraffe lovin.



Ok... so... I love Hippos, like... for real. They are so sweet that even crocodiles are afraid of them. They look chill but could bite you in half. Don't mess with a hippo.





Elephants are also really sweet. This is the male of the the family. The other two were females and one of them was two steppin. It was pretty funny.



Komodo dragon. He was handsome.



This is a Gila Monster. When I was young my father used to tell us that if we misbehaved the gila monster would get us. Who knew it was a slow moving lizard that is maximum 2 feet long and 5 pounds. Weak. Apparently kids will believe anything.



Reticulated Python... this bad boy is tied for the longest snake in the world. The girth of this fucker was about the size of my head. And yes... I have a fat head.



Northern Pacific Rattlesnake. This fucker is found right here in BC... he's got mad camouflage skills. Word to the wise... don't step on him. We also saw a King Cobra. He was lying on his tummy the whole time so I couldn't get a picture of his sweet hood. So the rattlesnake will have to do.




After the zoo, Benny and I hit the Seattle Mariners game vs the Marlins. Baseball is pretty boring to watch but I had almost forgotten how it felt to step out onto freshly dragged dirt.... the smell of freshly cut grass of the outfield... the feel of playing under the lights... the heckling. We were harassing the right fielder for the Mariners... I kinda felt bad for a bit then thought about how he makes more money in one game than I do in one year.. and then I didn't feel so bad.

Being at the field made me miss all the girls I played ball with... made me miss the camaraderie, scraped knees, slap of leather, double plays, strikeouts, good hits, laughs, post game beers. So this one goes out to all the ladies I've ever played ball with who just played because they loved the game. Good luck this year Phillies.

No comments: